Intensive Care Audio's "Fideleater" is a lo-fi chorus/vibrato/delay pedal for the treatment of Bland Guitar Syndrome and Excessive Aural Dryness. Used regularly it can provide effective relief from these, and other music and instrumentation related conditions.
WAVE FUNCTION: An 8 position rotary switch allows you to select 1 of 8 available LFO waveforms. From left to right these are;
Random Slopes, Random Steps, Sweep, Sine, Triangle, Square, Ramp Down, Ramp Up.
- DEPTH: Sets the depth of the LFO. In certain settings, having the depth control above 12 o’clock can cause serious glitching, this is normal and you should continue with the course of treatment.
- FREQ: Sets the frequency (speed) of the LFO. The speed (and waveform) of the LFO is indicated by the LED underneath the FREQ control.
- DRY/WET: Sets the amount of dry signal which is mixed in. With the control fully CCW the pedal operates as a chorus. Turning this control CW gradually removes the dry signal and you are left with just the modulated signal, creating a vibrato effect.
- CONTRACT: The contract switch opens or closes a feedback path within the delay path. When open, the repeats create a luscious warbling.
- UNTIE: The untie switch extends the delay time so that the pedal operates something more like a delay than a chorus. The modulation is intensified because of this and creates another world of glitchy digital weirdness.