Broadcast 24V USA
Broadcast 24V USA
The BroadcastC 24V USA runs internally at 24 volts from a standard 9 volt supply. The increased voltage gives extra headroom and a tighter low end – fantastic if you are looking for a little less saturation and grit, but without losing that unique sound of the Broadcast. The Broadcast 24V USA comes finished in turquoise-green and can only be purchased for a limited time through stockists located in the USA.
The Broadcast is a transformer-coupled, discrete Class-A germanium circuit, that takes its inspiration from classic recording consoles of the 1960s. The unique way in which the circuit saturates and colours your signal can be used to produce biting clean boosts, subtly coloured and thickened signals with a frayed-at-the-edge quality or – when pushed – an individual sounding overdrive with a fuzzy, fried texture.
The Broadcast 24V USA also features a three position gain switch offering MID, LOW, HIGH modes. In LOW mode, the pedal has most headroom and stays nearly clean across its range, whilst retaining colouration from its germanium circuit and transformer – perfect if you use higher output pickups, baritone, bass or keyboards . The MID mode is voiced to sound and behave as the regular Broadcast – still pretty clean but adding more grit and saturation to the mix. In HIGH mode, as with the regular Broadcast, the Broadcast 24V USA heads into overdrive, distortion and fuzz but with a slightly tighter low end.
LEVEL – Controls the overall volume of the pedal.
- GAIN SWITCH – Selects low, medium or high gain mode.
- GAIN TRIM – Controls the gain level of the Broadcast. At higher settings the High-End of the signal is gently rolled off.
- LOW CUT – Attenuates the low-end of the Broadcast. Since this control lies at the front end of the Broadcast's circuitry, it is interactive with the gain controls.
- DC SOCKET – The Broadcast requires a DC power supply unit (PSU). Please ensure your PSU can supply 9v, a minimum current of 50mA and has a 2.1mm negative centre barrel plug. Any other type may damage your pedal. If you plan on sharing the same PSU with other pedals, we recommend using a PSU with isolated outputs.
THIS VERSION OF THE BROADCAST CONTAINS A VOLTAGE BOOSTER TO INCREASE THE VOLTAGE OF THE POWER SUPPLY UNIT FROM 9V UP TO 24V. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RUN THIS PEDAL AT POWER SUPPLY VOLTAGES HIGHER THAN 9.6VDC AS THIS MAY DAMAGE THE PEDAL AND VOID ITS WARRANTY!
- Selected Germanium and Silicon transistors
- Specially chosen TRIAD Magnetics steel-core transformer
- BI Technologies potentiometers
- Lumberg jack sockets (rated for >5000 cycles)
- Heavy duty Alpha foot switches (rated for >30,000 cycles)
- Individually hand-built on to a high-quality PCB, assembled, hand-wired, tested and packaged all by Michael Hudson
I wanted a high headroom drive and I had read great things about the broadcast. Love that it was based off a studio front of desk preamp, gives it a lot of character. It's very loud.
The Broadcast 24V USA is astonishing. I always swap up between which overdrives I want to use. Constantly looking the next best one. This is the one, this pedal stays on my board. The different sounds you can get out of this pedal with little tweaking between settings will blow you away. From the low modes clean tones to the high modes heavily distorted slightly fuzzy tone, whatever you’re looking for is here. The middle position can give you that mix of clean tones softly while breaking up when you really dig in. It’s such a versatile pedal definitely a must have in my opinion, and recommend to anyone who asks what overdrive they need.